Monday 2 May 2011

Training Journal 02.05.11

I've done a couple of training runs during the week, 3.71 miles each, and I managed to smash my PB training times for each one, running at under 10 minutes a mile, so I am pleased with my training so far.

Today was my last long run before my first 10K race in 2 weeks time.  Today, I ran 6.04 miles in 1 hour and 2 minutes.  This is just under the 10K distance (which is 6.2 miles) and I didn't push myself too hard.  I'm hoping to do the race in under an hour, so this bodes well.  I didn't even feel too tired, and I was thinking about adding a little extra onto my run at the end - I'm glad I didn't as I'm feeling it now in my legs.

My ipod highlights today were Submission by the Sex Pistols and Heartbreaker by Metronomy (who are my fave band of the moment). 


So from today, I'm starting to taper my runs, in order to be in good shape for the race.  This means, I'll probably not go much further than my standard 3.71 miles, with maybe a 4 1/2 miler next weekend.  I'm going running with my colleagues tomorrow, and we usually do 3 miles, so it shouldn't be too tough.


Thanks for reading!  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment